Tuesday, November 01, 2005

If A Blog Posts In A Digital Forest...

This blog will be one year old soon.

So have I changed the world? Probably not.

Have there been any significant changes over the past 365 days here?
*I have four readers (maybe) instead of the two I began with.
*Those fake comments come in after every post now--
they're so complimentary (but disappointing), and signify nothing.
*I don't think I've posted any Nostradamus-like predictions that have come true.
I'll have to go back through the archives to check.
*I've been posting more photos; hopefully the readers have enjoyed those.

It kind of feels like a magazine subscription that is about to expire--should I do it another year? (It's free, so I guess that's a plus.) Supposedly there's money to be made with ads embedded within a Blog. I found a $20 bill on the ground a couple months ago, so I'll probably not resort to those blipverts yet. Finding money blown by the breeze seems more reliable.

The Blogging community reminds me of a giant unedited "Letters To The Editor" section of the Web. After awhile it resembles those bulletin boards you see on college campuses, with several layers worth of flyers, stapled on each other haphazardly. If that many people are put in a room with their own individual thoughts (and Internet access), are they bound to repeat others' "original" ideas and musings?

Do you want to put your leaflet over mine? That's cool. Do it.

It's kind of nice to just have a digital journal.

Thanks Blogger! Nice site you have here. I'll definitely bookmark you. By the way, I have a great link for you: www.theressomuchmoretolife.com. Keep up the good work!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ed H said...

This is a real comment. :)

If the compliment spam gets you down, let me know. I talked about getting you a site of your own a while back and I know how to do it better now.

I enjoyed the halloween picture. :)

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home